this is how it started.
A lovely lady (seriously, I love her!) that is a coworker of mine came into work one day, (the week preceding graduation) telling me that when she had woken up that morning, she looked in the mirror and saw that she had acquired a 6 pack! She has been working on becoming healthy for years now, so this was a much worked for accomplishment that she obviously had all the right in the world to be happy about. I turned to another coworker of mine and said "I want a six pack!" She replied slightly joking that she did too, that over the 7 week break (the weeks between spring and fall semesters at BYUI) we could get one. Now, she had said this pretty casually. Most likely joking. But I thought, Why not??
Truly, as simple as that. But I became determined.
So, the Monday following Evan's graduation (July 23), the challenge officially began.
7 weeks after that date will be September 10, 2 days before the start of the fall semester.
the ultimate goal: a six pack
How I plan to obtain my goal:
- Cardio as my main source of exercise. Running/brisk walking (mostly uphill) 5-6 days a week.
- Upper body work outs (arms+abs) 2-3 days a week.
- Eating clean-sticking as closely to vegetables, whole grains, and a few fruits as possible.
- drinking at least 3 liters of water a day.
- keeping track of my calories (hoping to become a better judge of portion sizes, and of what my body actually needs vs. what I want)
(also to come: details about our new apartment (!) and Evan's graduation)